1. my favorite thing about 2021 was____ that everything went back to normal...
2. what is something that happened to you in 2021 that you never want to forget? that TWO people ACTUALLY did the monologue! yes, this happened in my life! there ARE good people still out there in the world! they are crystalline and menagerie and their tender hearts must be protected at all costs, hold onto these people with your tightest grip and never let them go. in turn be willing to die for them. there are only a very small number of truly special people that still exist in this godforsaken world, i pray that on my journey my eyes won't grow too old weary jaundiced and liver-spotted to spot them. walk past the factory line...
3. what would you like to do differently next year?
stay present. live in the moment. go with the flow. but it ain't easy for me, i'm not content just to have the universe deliver a woman to me on my lap randomly and haphazardly one night at a darts three years from now, rather i have a very specific woman in mind i want to fit into my plans...
4. how do you honor the past whilst staying focused on the future? i watch The Matrix Resurrections knowing that it's just a rehash of the original film
5. next year i am excited to ____ i've never been excited once in my life
BONUS: do you feel jaded at all?
sure. but i realize that whatever situation you are in presently, whatever day it was for you, a bad day or a good day, everyone moves on the next day, whether they want to or not, they're forced to.
it's like Mila Kunis running around navigating an old Los Angeles hotel, going from room to fogged-mirror room, into every Wes Anderson square, until she realizes she was in the garden from that '80s movie Legend all along. and her tears are real. they're the same tears unicorns cry.
Mila feels better about herself in this Aerosmith music video cos she still saw Ashton Kutcher as a coworker. hey, "Jaded"! nice late-stage Aerosmith! the boys were past their prime here, past their peak of "Cryin", but they could still crank out and spawn a nice Mozart-inspired leit riff.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!