Monday, June 13, 2022

TMIT: HERE, RANDOMLY

 



1. has a stranger ever done something nice for you? what? 

she became my friend. and she lent me her beaten-up paperback copy of The Stranger by Camus. i never returned the book to her. because she disappeared. but we both smiled. she smiled on the train whilst i am smiling on a train going in the opposite direction...

2. what was the first thing you did this morning? wrote. i am always writing. stuff. and movie scenes in my head between two people. never three people.

plus also i think about what i'm gonna write in the future. like i think about the next TWENTY things i'm gonna write about, that should take up the rest of the year...

3. fill in the blank: my lover was ____

Jennifer Pizarro. until she wasn't. until she left and i didn't have the presence of mind, the foresight, to just get her damn PHONE NUMBER FOR THE FUTURE!!! so now i have to start over. i have to go back to Berkeley but this time in a theatre-degree program. it's like i'm an 18-year-old freshman again, no friends, no idea what i'm doing, class after class, walking the streets alone. except now i'm 85 years old. there was a beautiful handsome nice older tall man in jeans named Alfie when i was there the first time, a British bloke who looked like Colin Farrell before Colin went crazy. cleanshaven, no Colin goatee. he was at the same Berkeley English class i was in, he was doing it for his small son, he was recently divorced and trying to make the best of things. he always smiled when he saw me, and combed his hair with his tongue.

now, that British man is ME. I'M that sophisticated worldly British man to some wide-eyed punk kid fresh outta high school. wish i had a British accent tho, it would help with acting work.

4. money fights. when was your last fight about money? with whom? did the issue get resolved or is it still lingering destined to cause another fight?

Dolores O'Riordan: it's always lingering. it's destined to linger your whole life, you will never escape your problems...

all marriages must withstand the money matter, it's just a fact of life. usually one partner makes ALL the money and the other partner makes NONE, that would be me the writer. 

my first fight was with my husband Larry David. i was unsure about crypto and Larry did NOT make the kitchen-table conversation comfortable. didn't ease me into it. i started laughing at his jokes but he just looked at me like i was clueless.

my second fight was with my husband Marcus Aurelius. he told me to invest in crypto cos he invented it. i told him if he was so smart, if he was such a distinguished philosopher, then why was he dead?...

5. tell us the best advice you ever received.

Kurt Cobain: want some priceless advice? nothing matters. except the music. crypto's a scam.

6. tell us the worst advice you ever received.

one time Snoopy tried to sell me marijuana under the guise that it was dried-out bud-flowers of the Charlie Brown Christmas tree. then Linus hit me over the head with a brick hidden in his blanket. not a good day.






2 comments:

Bathwater said...

I was thinking I don't argue with anyone about money, but that is not entirely true. I did have a bit of an argument with my son Max when he tried suggesting how I should spend my money.

the late phoenix said...

bathwater: yeah, money is just one of those things, more often than not it just ends up separating loved ones. i've never been good with money, my whole life i've had my head in the clouds, i could never be one of those art dealers in a Zalman King movie