Monday, May 11, 2020

TMIT: I AIN'T JELLY, I PEANUT BUTTER



1. how replaceable are you? Tyson bacon replaceable

2. does jealousy have value in driving humans to improve themselves or is it a purely negative emotion?

what an enticing question! on the one hand if you're jealous of a man who is married to a woman you're in love with, and that man is your best friend, things can get messy.

on the other it's that force you speak of, that primal drive, that gets you out of bed mornings so you can remake your image, to do 11 pushups on your closet bar this time instead of 10, to kiss your goldfish, to craft yourself into a better man to get what you want. that's a good thing in spurts.

then there's the whole Elon Musk thing. what's the one thing i'm most jealous of Elon Musk? his musk aftershave? his moon? his car? his flying car? marrying a pop idol? Ash? the California thing? his continental accent? no, his muscles. it's his muscles.

3. a section of your life's memories needs to be erased, which era will you elect to have erased?
a) childhood memories, age 3-12
b) teen and young adult years, 13-23
c) adult, 24-35

DEFINITELY the teen years. they swallowed me whole and spit me out, i was alone adrift by myself and my lonesome on a barren farmland with no friends nor farmers. it's a miracle i'm still here...…...blogging but still here...

all i have to live for now is nostalgia. i don't care if my childhood is ruined just get me back there. Fisher Price makes a time machine, right?

i'll never forget the conversation i had with Pasqually at Chuck E Cheese. inbetween swigs of organic beer he told me in an Italian accent,

adult isn't adult at all. adult means you can see titties. but seeing titties is the most immature thing you could do in society...

4. with no laws or rules to influence your behavior, how do you think you would behave?

another thought-provoking question! i'd like to think i'd always act the right way---there'd be a good seed growing through the cracks somewhere inside me---but what if my father were Gargamel? would i go bald as a young man? as they say, laws prevent anarchy. so is anarchy our natural state? but anarchy can't govern...

5. does anonymity encourage people to misbehave or does it reveal how people would choose to act all the time if they could?

loving these questions! let's just say civilization would look different. it goes back to what a human being really is. nature, nurture, and granola bars. i'm the only person in human history who has ever eaten a granola bar cos it tasted good. it's pretty clear anonymity has brought out the worst of us, you can hide behind that shield and spew your goo and there are absolutely no consequences. but what is the fix? censorship isn't the answer but is there such a thing as too much free speech? if you cause someone to jump off a cliff?

Elon races in with the answer: mindreading. it's a moot point we'll all be mindreading each other in a decade...

human bad? yeah looking like it...

BONUS: in the time of coronavirus pandemic, what are you rocking?---homemade face covering or manufactured mask?

cat mask. a mask with cats on it. i have to wear eye protection, too, like they do at the labs, goggles, cos the cats stretch out and scratch mornings. but my goggles fog up fast...

CLICK HERE FOR TMI TUESDAY





6 comments:

ancilla_ksst said...

I thought it was going to be about having a kids with numbers for a name.

Bathwater said...

She didn't mention the years between 35 and 55 that was rude :). My mind does a good job of erasing the bad memories on its own. The only reason I remember the last 10 years is because I wrote them down.

If there were no laws it would be survival of the fittest and I would definitely be dead.

Jules said...

1: In what context? We are all but fleeting energy.

2: What is a negative emotion? Who decided that? An emotion is an emotion. Jealousy is a protective emotion. I don’t think it improves anything at all.

I’m already feeling like I’m being contrary…

3: 3-12 - I don’t really remember those anyway.

4: Like an absolute whore in all areas.

5: Of course it does. It’s like a mask and behind a mask we can do and be that which we choose.

BONUS: Neither. I’m doing art and large gin cocktails, MOFO 🍸*)

the late phoenix said...

ancilla: Ash for short

bath: in my case it's a miracle that I would be in that group now. anarchy is cool on paper but it's not exactly conducive to civilization

mah dahlin:

1. that's what I told Courtney Smith, mah dahlin

2. Plato. I'm jealous, I want you all to myself

3. 3 was hard for me......milk shortage...

4. let's fuck anything that moves together, my sweet!

5. except a Guy Fawkes mask

BONUS: once again I love that you got an emoji into my comment page

*)

ancilla_ksst said...

I bet he likes Pokemon.

the late phoenix said...

ancilla: I was just thinking of a skit for that to use today! hehe