Monday, August 10, 2020

TMIT: ALL'S WELL THAT ENDS OIL



now that's watercolor

oil's well that ends oil

i was gonna go with Oil That And A Bag Of Bips and then riff on the word yips in celebration of Cal taking home the PGA, but...

i am so proud of my Cal Golf Team. i was never golf, always tennis, and yet i feel a deep connection. despite not graduating. i miss my true homes so much! i need to get back there! my Van Nuyses, my Encinos, my Berkeleys. Alvarado Street IS the Telegraph Avenue of Central! 

1. how do you know if you are connecting with another person? they unblock me

2. to be beautiful means...

...ask John Mayer. remember? he had that one tweet that was like the best tweet John Mayer ever did where he was riffing searching for a lyric and he came up with this thing about how like a girl the girl that is most beautiful is the one who thinks she's not beautiful or something like that

3. do you spend a lot of time keeping up with what is going on?

i wish i didn't have to but i do. research. research for my stories...

4. true or false: you feel that your friends have more rewarding experiences in their lives than you.

true. but remember, Instagram's not real.

5. during covid19 pandemic do you feel more swamped  by your responsibilities than before the pandemic? before it was easy. before 9/11 i mean. Macy Gray's "I Try" was the last song for all of us, the last time we would breathe in the clean fresh street air of the Age of Halcyon Innocence. let it wash over us like a warm draped hotelroom highrise-suite lightbulb. before the world began its steady decline from which it will never trend upwards again. now there are too many things to remember. i have to keep remembering that John Mulaney's true passion was always music and that's why he's the lead singer of fun today. i have to keep remembering to feed Swamp Thing now, before the rona i just let him eat me.    

BONUS: what's on your mind?

this thing's never gonna end huh...






3 comments:

Hedone said...


1. rofl
2. I just read a short story about a young woman whose "insta-life" was not all it appeared to be. A guy fell in love with her insta persona, stalked her, and there were dire consequences. It was supposed to be a bit of a comedy.

Keep on keepin' on,
-H

Bathwater said...

That John Mayar could pull some hot woman couldn't he. :)

the late phoenix said...

Hedone: hi! how are you doing through all this? yeah in fact I was just lamenting recently how I had known this couple who met on Instagram, I knew each of them separately as friends before they met. I saw the entire progression of their relationship: I saw their first post as a couple, their post when they got married, and their double-post when they got divorced......I've been on Instagram a LOOOOOONNNGGGG time...

Bath: John Mayer pulls ALL the hot women in Hollywood...like every single one...his secret is he knows how to undo knots in women's necklaces...