Monday, November 25, 2019

TMIT: NOW I KNOW WHAT LITTLE FRIEND MEANS



1. what childish thing do you still enjoy?

as you all know, i am a grown man who never stopped watching cartoons. my life has proceeded thusly...

also, cereal, but that's cool now cos Seinfeld is making a comeback with millennials. it's all summed up quite nicely in that Lucky Charms commercial where there's two adults waiting by the coffee pot at their breakroom luncheonette. the woman sits down at the table and cracks open a box of Lucky Charms and starts eating and her coworker looks at her and they both share a silent nod as if to say, "yeah, this is still okay."

2. from what movie do you know a lot of quotes? i have MEMORIZED Ishtar.

The Garbage Pail Kids Movie: this is regarded the world over as one of the worst movies ever made, but i implore you, watch the opening monologue to this film, it will bring a tear to your eye.

3. would you say you use/recite movie quotes in conversations:
a) 10% b) 30% c) 50% d) 75% or more of the time

without movie quotes my Instagram game would be...i mean i dunno...quoting quotes and obscure names is my bag...i'm not sure what would happen if i had a normal conversation on Instagram...

4. what's your favorite movie line or quote?

i like in that Bergman film where the two dudes are discussing God in the forest. of course. and the one dude argues that God holds all the cards in the God/human relationship:

and the other dude goes, "but surely there is mercy!"

and the first dude responds, "well don't ask me! i wouldn't know!"

5. what's your favorite euphemism for sex?

glue her eyes shut from Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

BONUS: what's the worst and best thing about being male?

that dang thing hanging between our legs. it's just...you can't ignore it...it's always just there teasing you...

BONUS BONUS: 50 movies every man of 40 needs to know to avoid Peyronie's Disease!!!

okay, what have we got here:

i've seen most of these films. finally. i made myself, i made it a point to kick my homework out the window and go on a silent sojourn. NOTHING else but watching all those classic films i missed while away at college. like i FINALLY watched It's A Wonderful Life. i know i know, NBC every year. Seven Samurai informed all my later anime watching.

another one i finally watched: Casablanca. it's one of those everyone knows but maybe not everyone actually watches stem to stern. it would have been so meta if Lauren Bacall played the female lead here. i want a prequel where we explore the couple's Paris trip, i want the Paris trip to be its own other film. did Humphrey Bogart just INVENT that way of talking?

still gotta see The Godfather. i know i know, same deal same deal. i know about the cannoli tho.

i still contend Being There is one of the strangest films of all time. i mean it's just...like he's Forrest Gump before Forrest Gump...but why does it suddenly become a political movie? especially after Shirley MacLaine masturbates on a bedpost in front of him. i couldn't see Bedknobs and Broomsticks after that.

CLICK HERE FOR TMI TUESDAY

Happy Day of Remembrance/Thanksgiving, my babies





2 comments:

Likely to Change said...

I used to quote "and all that jazz" from the theatre. I didn't see the play performed, just all the advertising for it. Lately, the only movies I end up watching are disasters, zombie apocalypse, and Godzilla sort of things. I like that I can half watch them, enjoy them well enough, but they don't really matter.

the late phoenix said...

romance & bondage: yeah, after that recent SNL skit with Shirley Temple as an adult I get teary-eyed for The Golden Age of Theatre.

yes! grocery-shopping IS a thing! in fact it's the only thing I do now that gets me out of the house every two weeks! I can breathe in the rainy air and sing duets with the birds.

I'm ALWAYS in need of good coffee. but I gotta check the labels. I recently bought a whole box of the good stuff but I later learned I didn't have an espresso machine...