Wednesday, April 18, 2012

TNH: WITH THIS RING, I THEE WED

*CLICKY CLICKY*
click on the digital religion cross pic up there to crack open a new series
rough night, but the big day is here, the day she's planned her entire existence around, the day i can't be unsure of anymore for it's upon us, traveling slowly in the hearse, uh, the limousine, to the church or other olden building of forgotten lore, along the cobblestone streets, not a soul in sight except for we two, holding hands lovingly, staring out onto the gray sky, gray like any other day, do i have what it takes? is this a commitment that will last? no one knows, that's the cruel joke of it, time carries on its precise and involuntary pace, each second counts as it did for the ancients, 1-1000 and so forth, i carry two burdens on my shoulders, on the right one is the Maltese Falcon, the stuff that nightmares are made of, on the left is an old devil, flesh and bone, digging his talons into my shoulder flesh, making sure his gray eyes contemplate all of my future actions. can she hang with me? can anybody? it hurts too much to hang around like her savior, but i do need her to save me. going to the chapel, gonna get married, will our fresh faces stay rosy and sure in a year, a month, a 1-1000? to be so open is rare. as deep as the sea, that's what we strive for, as the old organist gets out of the limo, his gray suit betraying his age, his long face and gray beard getting ready, tuning up the instrument, getting ready to play our processional hymn, the wedding dirge:
CLICK HERE, RIGHT HERE, FOR OUR WEDDING SONG
CLICK HERE FOR THE NAUGHTY HANGOUT
.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nine Inch Nails was on our wedding playlist. But the wedding was like Oprah would pay for us to have a new one bad. Stupid fucking waste of money

Anonymous said...

Wonderful writing, full of imagery and quite the social commentary on marriage.

I love you but let us not marry. I will not sever my ringfinger and hand it to you.

-H

KaziG said...

I've begun to re-think the whole wedding thing ;/

Thinking is dangerous I know!

And a nice start to the new series ;)

~Kazi xxx

Jack and Jill said...

We had a very large and extravagant wedding. I would have happy eloping or - dare I say it - living in sin. (Sorry Jill.) I wasn't sure how a symbolic ceremony and huge, expensive party was going to make our love official. Still, as you say, Jill had planned her entire existence around the big day. I like to think of our wedding as an indie film. Jill was the director, the artist with the vision of how every aspect of the day would go; I, on the other hand, was the producer, constantly asking, "And what's that gonna cost us?" But you know what? I had fun.

I think we're writing about our wedding in this week's Formspring Friday. Check it out on our blog on - that's right - Friday.

-Jack

Cheeky Minx said...

Let's forgo the ceremony and dive instead into our ever-yearning flesh, for I see Nirvana in not a band of gold but a pink nipple and smooth phoenix chest... :*

the late phoenix said...

trixie: Oprah was the organist's understudy

H: okay, but at least let's watch The Maltese Falcon together...

kazi: the nipple abides

jj: marriage, weddings, it's all too much for me, but i do love the ring, the golden wedding ring, my Precious

cheeky babes: your comments get me hot, you know that, right? :)

Nolens Volens said...

Our wedding was simple and sufficient. Still married almost 12 years later. ;)

the late phoenix said...

nv: keep it simple, huh? yeah, i guess the cobblestones were a bit much

Anonymous said...

This was precisely the answers I'd been searching for. Amazing blog. Incredibly inspirational! Your posts are so helpful and detailed. The links you feature are also very useful too. Thanks a lot :)