Monday, May 1, 2017

TMIT: UP THE MAYPOLE WITHOUT A LADDER








1. today is Couple Appreciation Day. what do you most appreciate about being a couple (consider current or past relationships)? we share everything, even nothingness. i sleep in her arms. for long stretches. sometimes for weeks at a time. we're not codependent drug buddies i swear. we're just very close.

2. it is also Global Love Day. how can you or how will you extend love today? by ending all of my instagram comments with that blue grid Earth emoji.

3. May 1 is Loyalty Day as well. originally it had to do with patriotism in the United States. that meaning aside, in what ways are you loyal? if you date me i'll never leave the house...

4. so today it seems is also Phone In Sick Day. when was the last time you phoned in sick? were you really sick? how did you spend the "sick" day? Berkeley. my first college job. library-shelver at the world-famous oval marble Rotunda. two days in and i'm sick of everyone's faux intelligence and that one frat-pledge dude who won't leave me alone about knowing more about bands than me. and my hot-pink hot punk supervisor whom pledge dude proceeds to cock-block me to hell at every book-stack corner and turn with. so on the third day i pick up my shaky Oakland apt phone, do a few pretend coughs, i was studying acting after all, and wheeze that i won't be able to come into the office today...or ever. i felt so ashamed when i put down the dial. later that day i went to the library Rotunda and spent the rest of the day doing my homework.

5. May 1, 1840 the world's first adhesive postage stamp was issued in the United Kingdom. who would you like to see on a postage stamp?

MY MOM. OR MILLIE, CLICK HERE

bonus: how was your first day of May? still recovering from last year's. in which i was recovering from the year before. okay two years ago i became a Wiccan. the villagers didn't take too kindly to that and shoved the Maypole up my ass. my fellow friendly witches spent that next year trying to pry it from my butt and so they slacked off on honing their magic skills. with lack of magic practice they were easily captured for Walpurgis Night. it was only when we felt the heat of that large bonfire did we realize this wasn't a parade...

CLICK HERE FOR TMI TUESDAY

on top of the A To Z Challenge, i ran the Big Sur Marathon and did a Civil War Reenactment where i played Andrew Jackson. and seven loads of laundry. and survived that new disturbing Attack on Titan end credits and drank a cup of Tang with too much powder. i don't know if i'm tired or wired.


5 comments:

Sweeten Dirty said...

Your bonus answer gave me a good giggle.

ancilla_ksst said...

Every time I hear about Beltane: Fire and Sex, I think I am in the wrong religion.

the late phoenix said...

sweeten: i'm glad :)

ancilla: ikr? i was proud to be a Warlock among that group, at least in spirit.

Jules said...

I think stamps should have the senders picture on so when you get a letter, you know who it's from without opening it. This allows you to savour the moment and reflect whilst eating a doughnut. *)

the late phoenix said...

that's a great idea, my sweet. like it would have that infamous Unabomber sketch on it and you know to let it go. and get some sushi donuts *)