it's not a dirty word. it's a method of preparing the Thanksgiving turkey to make it easier to lie flat on the grill. thanks, Bob's Burgers. i'd rather not get into the details cos it's pretty disturbing.
1. what was your favorite band in high school? the Smashing Pumpkins. it was the first time i felt free. i was way behind my peers at parties when it came to music. i didn't start listening to Nirvana until a day before his death. his full name was Kurt S. Nirvana. with Billy i shared a kindred creative spirit. we were both uncompromising and cried a lot, we both wore those black ZERO t-shirts, and we both went bald around the same time. i still don't know what Billy was thinking with that cueball Uncle Fester look. edit: turns out Billy was so electric he could turn on light bulbs by placing the bulb in his mouth.
2. what is your favorite band now? B.E.R.
3. what was your go-to "make me feel better" food in high school? pizza from Fedco. Fedco was the in place to shop before Walmart existed. they closed down in the '80s and took their nostalgia with them. there will never be an atmosphere like Fedco. bargain prices and Thrifty ice cream. i keep the last slice of Fedco pizza under my bed. it's from the '80s and i refuse to eat it cos it's my only memory, my only link to the past. it's still hot and the cheese is still stringy. they used radioactive hot lamps in the '80s, safety standards were more lax.
4. what is your go-to "make me feel better" food now? why? Southern Comfort Egg Nog. it's a drink and a food and a drink.
5. fill in the blank: that______was then, this_________is now
that unreported horror kept in silence that no one knew about was then, this unreported horror kept in silence that no one knows about is now. things will never change..................happy thanksgiving!
bonus: where were you and what were you doing on November 21, 2016?
watching a very special presentation of Hamilton on a New York stage. that was when they said the world was gonna end, right?
CLICK HERE FOR TMI TUESDAY